Did you know…
- PTA (Parent Teacher Association) fundraising provides scholars, teachers, and staff with additional benefits that help to make DJV a great place to learn and work!
- In these uncertain times, PTA funds are needed more than ever. The 2019-2020 academic year was anything but predicable. This year we have the following planned expenses and want to be ready for additional needs within the DJV community.
- Virtual Learning and Technology – document camera’s, virtual field trips, stem kits
- School Beautification – a new marquee digital school sign, new doormats
- Scholar and Staff Support – Personal Protective Equipment, additional needs as they arise.
While the CMS budget is largely used to fund DJV expenses, money raised by the PTA memberships and past donations have paid for the following over the past three years:
- Over 500 new books for the media center
- School beautification such as new doormats, motivational posters and college pennants, landscaping, picnic tables for outdoor learning
- Flat screen monitor to play messages for parents entering the school
- Document scanners, headphones, pencils
- Field trips and educational assemblies at the school
- The fall festival, mommy/son dance and daddy/daughter dance
- Teacher appreciation events
How to participate:
- Donate by Check. Attach below form to your check and mail it to Attention of DJV PTA, 8601 Old Concord Rd, Charlotte, NC 28213: Make Check payable to DJVA PTA.
- Matching Funds: Double your Gift! Help us maximize your company match. The PTA loses out on matching funds if you do not properly submit the request with your employer. Please be sure to follow your company’s guidelines by submitting it in any online database (i.e. Bank of America or Your Cause) or submitting any required paperwork to us. The formal non-profit name is NC PTA of Congress - Dorothy J. Vaughan Academy of Technology PTA. Any questions or to request our EIN number: email email@example.com
We welcome donations in ANY amount to our Inve$t in DJV Campaign.